Jets Sign OT George Fant; Fast Facts
The NFL free agency “legal tampering” period is underway and according to Adam Schefer the NY Jets have reached an agreement with Seahawks offensive tackle George Fant.
Former Seahawks’ OT George Fant reached agreement with the Jets on a three-year, $30 million deal that includes $13.7 million guaranteed, per @JFowlerESPN and me.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 17, 2020
Source confirms this.
Biggest thing here: Just $13.7m is guaranteed. https://t.co/SojLa3YYDJ
— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) March 17, 2020
Some George Fant fast facts:
- Went to Western Kentucky University and played basketball for four years
- Played football for one season as a tight end and saw limited action
- In 2016 he signed with the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent
- Tore his ACL in 2017 and missed the season
- He has started 24 games as a hybrid lineman \ tight end in his career
The 27 year old Fant is listed at 6’5″ and 322lbs. He is going to be very raw because his football experience is limited. Joe Douglas obviously likes what he sees so the roster rebuild is officially underway. You can read more about George Fant to the NY Jets in our forums.