Injury News Jets Worse; Concussion for Fant
The NY Jets injury report isn’t getting any better. Denzel Mims, Le’Veon Bell and Blake Cashman remain on the I.R. until at least week 4. Jamison Crowder is doubtful for the week 3 game against the Colts and starting right tackle George Fant was added to the injury report today. It looks like he is out for Sunday and will be replaced by Chuma Edoga.
Adam Gase said Fant was injured in practice on Wednesday.
We were in a team period. I think it’s a play that he was backside and the linebacker came downhill and I don’t know they collided and they took him in evaluated him and said he was in the concussion protocol.
Here is the full injury update from Gase.
- Jamison Crowder, he won’t participate with the hamstring
- Frank Gore, today will be his day off so he will be out there, but he won’t practice
- Connor McGovern, hamstring, wont practice
- Steve McLendon, he has to kind of get through the COVID testing, he was gone and missed a day, so we’ve got to go through that procedure
- Breshad Perriman won’t practice with the ankle
- Quincy Wilson, he will not participate today, he’s still in the concussion protocol
- Ashtyn Davis won’t participate, he has a groin;
- George Fant won’t participate, he’s in the concussion protocol now.
- Limited will be (Kalen) Ballage; (Mekhi) Becton; (Chris) Hogan; (La’Mical) Perine and Nate Hairston. So those guys will be out there, they’ll just be limited.
Rich Cimini asked if Joe Flacco could be the backup QB now that he is back to full participation in practice.
We’ll see how he finishes the week out. It’s kind of more of a discussion between himself and me and Joe and just kind of see where he’s at, if he feels like is this the game, is it the next one. So, we’ll just communicate with him and talk through things with him and then make a decision.
Connor McGovern’s status for Sunday?
Once I see him move around a little bit. I think it’s just such a different position for him to be in. He’s a veteran player, he can get a lot of work done just with his eyes and able to apply it without actually going through a lot of practice reps. So, really to me it’s about his movement skills, where’s he at on that. He might have to be an emergency guy; we’ve just got to kind of see how this all plays out.
Here is the full NY Jets Injury Report. pic.twitter.com/0RmPdcwGw5
— JetNation.com (@JetNation) September 24, 2020