It looks like Sam Darnold will be starting for the Jets when the take the field on Sunday against the Miami Dolphins. Here is the full injury update that Adam Gase gave to the media today.
- George Fant will not participate in practice today
- Peanut (Patrick Onwuasor) won’t participate in practice today with the hamstring
- Blake Cashman will be limited
- Chuma Edoga will be limited and then the rest of these guys will be full.
- So, a little lighter injury report today than what it’s been, so that’s positive. It’s been a good week for Sam (Darnold). He looks, from the last time that we were going through a week, before that New England game, the way he’s throwing the football right now, you can tell there’s a big difference as far as the control, the velocity, his change of pace on throws. It just looks a lot different than the last time he tried to make a run at going to play in a game. So, I’m feeling good about that, excited to see these guys play in this game, three receivers, the way (Chris) Herndon is playing, get Josh (Adams) and Ty (Johnson) going with Frank (Gore). (I’m) fired up to see what we can do on Sunday.
Rich Cimini asked if Darnold was going to start on Sunday.
Yes, unless something changes today, which I don’t anticipate. Everything looks good to go.
Darnold says he “felt really good” today and yesterday in practice. Taking it “day by day,” but says he should be fine if he starts — and he will. #Jets
— Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) November 27, 2020