The New York Jets announced that they have claimed T Greg Senat off waivers.
Senat (6-6, 305) was most recently with the Colts after signing with Indianapolis’ practice squad in October. The Queens, NY, native was a Ravens sixth-round pick out of Wagner in 2018 and spent two seasons in Baltimore. He’s also had stints with the Chiefs (2019), Cowboys (2020) and Browns (2020-21).
Senat spent this past training camp with Cleveland and was placed on injured reserve Aug. 31. He was waived off IR on Sept. 9. He’s played in 10 games, all with Dallas in ’20, and took three offensive snaps in addition to 53 special teams snaps.
Here is Senat’s scouting bio from NFL.com.
After two years of playing basketball for the Seahawks, Senat approached the football coaches about joining the team. His height and athleticism led them to accept, potentially as a tight end prospect. But he agreed to play right tackle after coaches saw his ability there. Senat started all 11 games in both 2016 and 2017 at that spot, showing off raw ability that could be harnessed at the next level. He was an occasional starter (22 times in 104 games) in four years on the hoops team at Wagner, averaging about two points and three rebounds per game.
- Athletic, long-limbed frame with tapered waist and room for additional muscle and mass
- Possesses very good reactive athleticism with ability to make sudden adjustments to moving targets
- Good quickness in pass slides
- Hands stayed tucked and punch-ready
- Can make fluid transitions from block to block on work-ups
- Runs feet through wash down blocks and down blocks
- Lacks necessary mass and muscle
- Will have to eat and live in the weight room for a year or two
- Ducks head and bends at waist when attempting to drop pad level
- Fails to gain leverage at point of attack
- Needs to get stronger
- Can’t keep blocks centered
- Plays too far forward with weight and allows smaller men to play around him too quickly
- Hand strength is below average
- Punch timing and accuracy are off
- Has trouble anchoring up against power