Douglas Starts Making Roster Moves; Jets News Round Up
Free agency and all the madness it brings is about to begin. The legal tampering period will start on Monday, with the first signings becoming official on Wednesday. Stay tuned, buckle up your seat belts and enjoy all the highs and lows that free agency brings. In our forums, there will certainly be threads saying Joe Douglas doesn’t have a clue after the first five minutes with no new players signed.
There have been a few roster moves so far.
- Connor McDermott has been re-signed. A nice depth move to bring back a player that knows the system and has shown versatility. Next week right guard Lauren Duvernay-Tardif, right tackle Morgan Moses and guard Dan Feeney are all set to become free agents.
- Two safeties are coming back; Will Parks and Lamarcus Joyner. Joyner missed most of the year last year after tearing his bicep in the opener. Parks was a late-season pickup.
Other Jets News:
- There is a report saying the Jets are working to bring back veteran QB Joe Flacco.
- There is a new Situational Football/Game Management Coordinator in town as the Jets are reportedly hiring Dan Shamash from the Chargers.
- It looks like Quincy Williams is set to receive a nice raise.
- Marcus Maye and Jamison Crowder are set to become free agents.