Training Camp Report – 08/04/08 (PM)
Tyson Rauch was at the PM practice on Monday and here are his notes:
1) Revis and Rhodes are playing with a ton of confidence and are clearly taking on leadership roles.
2) Barton appears to be in great shape and does a lot of great work communicating with other linebackers.
3) Kellen continues to struggle with the pocket collapsing and tends to panic a bit holding on to the ball to long. Chad clearly has a better grip on the offense and gets rid off the ball quickly knowing where it should go. A couple of coaches appeared a bit frustrated when Kellen tried to force a ball that was picked off.
4) Chansi Stuckey was quite impressive and displayed nice hands a couple of times.
5) Truly amazing to watch Kerry Jenkins move around at his size…as others have stated he was a beast
6) Faneca and Mangold are continously around each other talking and doing drills together. Between going against Jenkins and Alan in his ear Mangold could play at a pro bowl level this year.
7) Leon Washington has clearly added on some size, hopefully it does not take away from any of his quickness.
8) Justin Miller is getting substantial reps with the starters and yesterday did well against likes of Cotch and LC.
9) Coles was practicing and appeared to run without issues. Harris was on the bike, doing running drills, push ups, sit ups and pull ups…cannot be too far away.