The NY Jets closed out the preseason with a 27 – 20 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles. The Jets went finished with a record of 3 wins and 1 loss. Brett Favre did not get his way and did not see action tonight, none of the starters played.
The highlights for the Jets included:
- Another Brett Ratliff touchdown pass (reception by Paul Raymond)
- An extensive look at Erik Ainge (10-16, 131 yards and 1 TD)
- A workhorse effort by Jesse Chatman (29 carries, 93 yards and 1 TD)
- Mike Nugent went 2 for 2 on field goals
- Ben Graham averaged 49.8 yards (4 punts)
Kellen Clemens was 3 for 8 with only 18 yards passing in limited duty. Brett Ratliff is right on his heels for the number 2 spot. Ratliff may have done the unthinkable and already passed Clemens.
Stay tuned for the JetNation Report Card by Brian Clark. The Jets travel to Miami to take on the Dolphins in week one, September 7th. We will also have the roster cuts as soon as they are announced. Here is a thread in our forums with some speculation on what the final roster will look like.