The Jets fell to 1 and 2 after losing to the Chargers by a score of 48 to 29. The national Monday night football game did not have its shortage of mistakes. The Jets started off strong with David Barrett intercepting a Philip River’s pass and returning it for a touchdown.
The Jets lowlights include but are not limited to:
• A Thomas Jones fumble that led to a Chargers touchdown
• Eric Smith tripping in goal line coverage which led to a Chargers touchdown
• Antonio Cromartie intercepting a Brett Favre pass and returning it 52 yards for a touchdown
• Six Charger touchdowns
• Dwight Lowery had a rough day in coverage
Positives? Not sure you can have any positives when you surrender 48 points.
• Leon Washington had a great day returning kickoffs
• The offense had lots of time to work together. They started the game not looking in synch but were able to get plenty of reps in the 2nd half.
• Dustin Keller and Chansi Stuckey are starting to look like receivers.
The bottom line is the Jets have a long way to go. The made costly mistakes and didn’t come close to slowing down the high powered Chargers passing game.
They have a short week to prepare for the Arizona Cardinals. The goal now is to win and go into the bye week at 2 and 2.
Check back for our JetNation Report Card. Dates for parent\teacher conferences will be posted shortly as well.