Chargers Blow Out Jets 48 To 29
The Jets fell to 1 and 2 after losing to the Chargers by a score of 48 to 29. The national Monday night football game did not have its shortage of mistakes. The Jets started off strong with David Barrett intercepting a Philip River’s pass and returning it for a touchdown.
The Jets lowlights include but are not limited to:
• A Thomas Jones fumble that led to a Chargers touchdown
• Eric Smith tripping in goal line coverage which led to a Chargers touchdown
• Antonio Cromartie intercepting a Brett Favre pass and returning it 52 yards for a touchdown
• Six Charger touchdowns
• Dwight Lowery had a rough day in coverage
Positives? Not sure you can have any positives when you surrender 48 points.
• Leon Washington had a great day returning kickoffs
• The offense had lots of time to work together. They started the game not looking in synch but were able to get plenty of reps in the 2nd half.
• Dustin Keller and Chansi Stuckey are starting to look like receivers.
The bottom line is the Jets have a long way to go. The made costly mistakes and didn’t come close to slowing down the high powered Chargers passing game.
They have a short week to prepare for the Arizona Cardinals. The goal now is to win and go into the bye week at 2 and 2.
Check back for our JetNation Report Card. Dates for parent\teacher conferences will be posted shortly as well.
New York Jets OTA Presser Takeaways, Aaron Rodgers' Impact and Summer Delusion