By Doug Cantor
Wow, go figure. I’d thought it to be dead at this point.
Well regardless, another year of college ball in the bag and now it’s Bowl season. Here are my overall top-ten prospect rankings for now, I’m including a few juniors in here because they’re almost locks to declare at this point. This is an unreal draft for defensive tackles and the Jets have several prospects they should be able to get to that can play the NT position in the 3-4, which I’ll probably write about at a later time. It’s also a fairly deep draft for safeties, receivers, and defensive ends, all which bode well for the Jets. Keep in mind it’s still ridiculously early, but this is how I see things for now based on my evaluations thus far combined with some of the other credible sources out there. Hopefully I can keep up with this blog better this time around.
1. Ndamuking Suh, DT, Nebraska
2. Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma St (Rising)
3. Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
4. Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
5. Joe Haden, CB, Florida
6. Taylor Mays, S, USC
7. Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
8. Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame (Rising)
9. Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU (Rising)
10. Greg Hardy, DE, Mississippi (Falling)