JetNation Preseason NFL Power Rankings
Here are the final preseason Top Ten power rankings:
- Green Bay Packers – No reason to downgrade the champs as they get multiple players back from injury.
- Pittsburgh Steelers – the Steelers had a quiet offseason compared to the last few years and should be a major player in the AFC race.
- New York Jets – the Jets need to find a way to play a few playoff games at home.
- New England Patriots – hard to say what the Pats will get from the big-name players they added, but they went 14-2 without them last year, so this is going to be a dangerous team no matter what.
- Philadelphia Eagles – their ability to protect the quarterback will determine how high the Eagles fly this year.
- Atlanta Falcons – Julio Jones will help Roddy White, but the running game might be the biggest beneficiary from the added threat on the outside.
- Baltimore Ravens – The Ravens will be solid again, but it looks like they’re still a step off the pace of the elite AFC teams.
- New Orleans Saints – The Saints are probably the least talked about NFC contender. If they pay more attention to effectively running the ball, they will become fashionable again.
- San Diego Chargers – the Bolts start out with three home games in the first four weeks. They need to play well in September for a change. There are no excuses.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – A quick start is possible as five out their first seven games are in Tampa. The Bucs have to do better than 4-4 at home this year.
NY Jets Phase 3 OTAs, Expectations and a Minor Calf Tweak with Greg Renoff