Welcome to our 1st installment of Start ‘em and Sit ‘em. I try and not call out obvious decisions and make this productive for possible decisions that fantasy owner have to make. We have done with for a few years with good results and great feedback. Please feel free to direct any questions to me in our forums or on Twitter. Let’s get to this week’s list;
- Tony Romo – The 49ers defense has had a bad offseason and the Cowboys offense should be pass heavy and wide open under Linehan.
- Jay Cutler – The Bills have a pretty solid defense but when Cutler was healthy last year he was a top 6 QB, use him while you can.
- Matt Ryan– He is another one with great weapons and offense has great health in what should be a wide open game versus the Saints.
- Shonn Greene – The Chiefs are a vastly overrated defense and he is the clear RB1 for the Titans, start him with confidence.
- Fred Jackson – The Bears were awful versus the run last year and I do not think that changes in week 1. He will get at least 18-20 touches.
- Rashad Jennings – I love this matchup against an shaky Lions run defense.
- Ben Tate – The Browns are touting him as a bell-cow this week and the Steelers were one of the worst team versus the run. The Browns will keep it simple and that means a ton of touches for Tate.
- DeAndre Hopkins – Washington is still an awful pass defense and with game 1 at home, I can see the Texans throwing the ball around very successfully.
- Jeremy Maclin – He is healthy and in maybe the best offense in the NFL, start him while he is healthy and at home.
- Marques Colston – The Falcons have not improved their defense and Colston was a top 15 WR in the last 6 weeks of last season.
- Michael Floyd – This is his year to break out as he showed toward the end of last year, it starts this week.
- Delanie Walker – The Chiefs were one of the worst teams versus tight ends this week, this is a great spot start if you are streaming TE’s this year
- Andrew Luck – On the road against an improved Broncos defense and with a shaky OL, I would stay away.
- Cam Newton – Off the ankle surgery and now with a broken rib, I would want to see him healthy before starting him this year.
- Arian Foster– He had zero carries, practiced little ion the last few months and off back surgery, I would want to see some results before gambling with him.
- Alfred Morris – You may have to start him but in the new pass heavy Gruden offense plus on the road I can see Washington struggling.
- Reggie Bush – He is in a total job share and unless you are in a PPR, he would stay on my bench this week.
- Ryan Mathews – He is now in a job share and on the road versus a tough Cardinals defense, there are better options in week 1.
- Randall Cobb – I think the Seahawks take him out of the game at their place, tough matchup for the small receiver.
- Victor Cruz – I need to see some semblance of a passing game before starting any Giants in the passing game. They just looked awful this preseason.
- Percy Harvin – I do not think he gets enough touches to make him a WR2 that he is rated to be this week.
- Zach Ertz – He may falsh but I do not think he gets enough snaps or touches to make him a TE1
I wish everyone luck this year and let’s all have a great week and let me know if you have any questions.