Welcome to our 5th installment of Start ‘em and Sit ‘em. I try and not call out obvious decisions and make this productive for possible decisions that fantasy owner have to make each week. This is nor a huge bye week as the only relevant guys that are off are Lamar Miller and Mike Wallace. Since we are in week 5, now is the time to stop looking at the names of players but look at the production. If your team is struggling you only have 9 weeks to get it turned around, there is no reason to be patient on your mid round picks who 1/4th of the way are not producing. As an example, I dropped Brady for Bortles in one league and dropped Torrey Smith for Brian Quick as just 2 examples. Last week we went 6-5 in the Start ‘Em and crushed it again in the Sit “em going 8-2. Please feel free to direct any questions to me either below or on Twitter. Let’s get to this week’s list;
- Ben Roethlisburger – He gets another bad defense in the Jaguars, there is no way he is not a top 5 QB this week.
- Jay Cutler – The Carolina defense is struggling big time, fell confident in him this week.
- Eli Manning – He has been reborn in this new system and gets the awful Falcons defense.
- Reggie Bush – With injuries everywhere in the Lions backfield he should get the majority of the touches at home, could be a huge week.
- Matt Asiata – He is in the top 10 for fantasy RB’s and with Bridgewater maybe being out, I can see a ton of touches.
- Darrin Reaves – This is for deep leagues but has a great matchup and should get a ton of work with all the injuries.
- Vincent Jackson –m He has a connection with Mike Glennon from last year and they will have to throw to stay in the game
- Brian Quick – I have him as a WR2 this week versus the Eagles and being the Rams top deep target.
- Eric Decker – When he plays all he has done is score touchdowns, Jets should have to throw to stay in the game against the Chargers.
- Travis Kelce – He is by far the best option the Chiefs have in the passing game and is now playing full time.
- Garrett Graham – This is a deep play but the Cowboys are in the bottom 5 defending the tight end position
- Matt Ryan – He is again on the road where he is a horror show and gets a solid Giants defense.
- Tony Romo – He looked better last week but in this very run heavy offense, is too much of a gamble with all these options.
- Cam Newton – He just does not look close to 100%, would not start him in any league.
- Montee Ball – You may have to start him but the Cardinals defense is so string against the run and he just has not looked like a RB1, I would not expect much.
- Doug Martin – He has a great matchup but I see them trailing a ton and did not look even average last week.
- J. Spiller – He is great in name only, Lions have been stout versus the run, no thanks.
- Andre Johnson – He will get a few catches but has been passed as the Texans WR1 By DeAndre Hopkins.
- Percy Harvin – There just is not enough touches to make him the WR2 that he is ranked as.
- Julian Edelman – A very tough matchup against the Bengals, he would not start on over half the teams in the NFL and has been taken away by most defenses.
- Jordan Camerson – I need to see him healthy and productive before putting him in my lineup.
Here are a few fantasy streaming defenses that may be available- Lions, Steelers, Saints. I wish everyone luck this week and let me know if you have any questions.