Welcome to our 6th installment of Start ‘em and Sit ‘em. I try and not call out obvious decisions or top 6 players at QB, top 15 at RB or WR and make this productive for possible decisions that each fantasy owner has to make each week. This is another small bye week as the relevant guys that are off are Drew Brees, Khiry Robinson, Pierre Thomas, Marques Colston, Jimmy Graham, Jamal Charles, Travis Kelce, Dwayne Bowe. Last week we went 6-4 in the Start ‘Em and crushed it again in the Sit “em going 10-0. Please feel free to direct any questions to me on Twitter. Let’s get to this week’s list.
- Eli Manning – The Eagles are a go against defense every week.
- Ben Roethlisberger – The overrated Joe Haden may be out, weather is still fine on east coast and Charlie Whitehurst ripped up the Browns defense last week.
- Ben Tate – Until he gets hurt, he is an every week start in the productive Browns run offense.
- Justin Forsett – He seems to have pulled away from the Ravens other options and has been a top 8 RB this season.
- Stevan Ridley – If you own him now is the time to start him in every league, there is always the fear of what the Patriots will do every week but this is as comfortable as you will get after last week.
- T.Y. Hilton – He has become a PPR dream, tons of targets and solid production, start him every week.
- Brian Quick – While the 49ers are great against the run, they are average at best defending Wide Receivers.
- Mohamad Sanu – He is not ranked high this week but with A.J. Green out he is the WR1 and has at least 3 receptions every week, should be a solid WR3 in fantasy this week.
- Larry Donnell – I expect a huge bounce back after his zero points this week and other defense will not be double teaming him every play like it happened last week.
- Heath Miller – Ben continues to look for him in the red zone, always a solid guy and fill in.
- Matthew Stafford – The Vikings are not good but without Calvin Johnson, Stafford is a shell of himself, especially on the road.
- Nick Foles – His stats are great but his uneven play is going to catch up to him soon and the Giants are a top 10 pass defense this year.
- C.J. Spiller – I have no idea how he is still ranked as a top 20 RB, it must be just hope and nothing to do with his awful production. Stay away unless there is a Fred Jackson injury.
- Doug Martin – He received a vote of confidence but he is another who just looks awful when watching the games, stay away.
- Zac Stacy – He is a tad banged up again, is in a full RRBC with Benny Cunningham and faces the #1 rush fantasy rush defense, stay far away.
- Michael Floyd – If Palmer plays then I would start him but not with any other Cardinals QB.
- Percy Harvin – He may be leading the NFL in called back touchdowns but he just does not get enough targets or chances to be ranked as a top 20 WR.
- Michael Crabtree – His foot must be bothering him as he just does not look right, keep him on the bench.
- Jason Witten – He is a starting tight end only in name.
- Zach Ertz – He is not getting enough snaps or target to play his lottery every week.
Here are a few fantasy streaming defenses that may be available- Lions, Titans, Packers, and Redskins if Thomas is QB for Cardinals. I wish everyone luck this week and let me know if you have any questions.