Week 6 Fantasy FB Start ‘Em Sit ‘Em, FanDuel Picks
Welcome to week 6 of the NFL season. For standard leagues, I’ll pick some players outside the top 10 and 15 who I think will play well as well as some higher rated players who I see underachieving using the ESPN rankings. I’ve got my FanDuel picks at the bottom.
Last week, I went 13-7 in underachievers and overachievers, and went 10-7 in FanDuel. We are running a one week league on FanDuel again.
Now let’s get to it.
- Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Ryan: He has a great match up but with Julio Jones banged up and Ryan being barely top 15 for season, I would stay away.
- San Diego Chargers QB Philip Rivers: The Packers are giving up less than 200 yards a game passing a game.
- Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: The Carolina Panthers defense is tough and the Seahawks offense is struggling.
- Seattle Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch: He has been banged up and faces a tough Panthers defense.
- Buffalo Bills RB Karlos Williams: He still has post concussion syndrome, I would not take the chance.
- San Francisco 49ers RB Carlos Hyde: He bounced back nicely last week but the Ravens are still tough against the run.
- Pittsburgh Steelers WR Antonio Brown: I never thought he would make this list but Michael Vick has been the only player able to slow him down, temper the expectations.
- Miami Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry: The Titans are a top 5 pass defense and until I see the Dolphins playing at a high level, all of them are on my bench.
- Philadelphia Eagles WR Jordan Matthews: People are living in the past as this is a complete target share in Philly.
- Kansas City Chiefs TE Travis Kelce: He has not done anything since game 1, I could not start him anywhere.
- New York Giants QB Eli Manning: The Eagles have a tough defense but with anemic Giants running game they have to throw a ton.
- Jacksonville Jaguars QB Blake Bortles: He is banged up but if playing I would ride one of the top 8 fantasy QB’s so far this season.
- Philadelphia Eagles QB Sam Bradford: The Giants have a tough running defense but give up a ton of plays through the air.
- Cincinnati Bengals RB Giovanni Bernard: He is clearly the RB1 and though its tough to run against the Bills his pass receiving makes him a top choice this week.
- Jacksonville Jaguars RB T.J Yeldon: he continues to hog all the RB touches.
- San Diego Chargers RB Danny Woodhead: I see a ton of short passes against the tough Packers defense and he continues to put up quality numbers every week.
- Jacksonville Jaguars WR Allen Robinson: The Texans are a grossly overrated defense, start everyone against them.
- New Orleans Saints WR Brandin Cooks: In what should be a high scoring game, I expect to see 10 targets go his way.
- Arizona Cardinals WR John Brown: He seemed to break out a bit and gets a bottom 5 secondary in the Steelers.
- Cleveland Browns TE Gary Barnidge: He who can catch with his crotch and should have no issues with tough Bronocs defense.
Here are my FanDuel picks for the week where I will give some higher and lower salaries I like at each position. As you will see, I will be focusing on the defenses to pick on:
- New England Patriots QB Tom Brady, $9,000: If you are going to pay, pay here.
- Jacksonville Jaguars QB Blake Bortles, $7,300: A top 6 fantasy QB for this salary is a bargain in a plus match up.
- New York Jets QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, $6,900: This is my bets cheap play in a plus match up.
- Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson, $8,900: He will get the touches in what is a tough week for RB’s.
- Chicago Bears RB Matt Forte, $8,400: The same as AP but in a bit of a better match up.
- Green Bay Packers RB Eddie Lacy,$7,300: He wil have low ownership and if he is going to break out, this is the week.
- Cincinnati Bengals RB Giovanni Bernard, $6,700: A great price for a RB1.
- Kansas City RB Charcandrick West, $6,200: If you a re feeling lucky, here is the gamble of the week.
- San Diego Chargers RB Danny Woodhead, $6,000: He should get at least 15 touches and at this price, is an easy start.
- Detroit Lions RB Theo Riddick, $5,000: At the minumum and a top 20 RB in ppr, is a nice lineup filler.
- Houston Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins, $8,500: He is my #1 receiver this week at a nice price.
- New York Jets WR Brandon Marshall, $8000: Some may forget the roll he was on before the bye.
- New England Patriots WR Julian Edelman, $7,900: As easy stats as it gets week in and week out, very safe.
- Kansas City Chiefs WR Jeremy Maclin, $7,200: Touchdowns are tough to come by but he is top 5 in NFL in targets.
- Jacksonville Jaguars WR Allen Robinson, $6,700: I love the mid range receivers this week.
- Arizona Cardinals WR John Brown, $6,100: One of the most productive cheap WR’s in FanDuel.
- Baltimore Ravens WR Kamar Aiken, $6,000: A WR1 for this price and playing the 49ers?
- Chicago Bears WR Marquess Wilson, $5,400: Jay Cutler kills the Lions and here is his top WR target.
- Cincinnati Bengals TE Tyler Eifert, $6,000: He is the top fantasy tight end so far this year.
- San Diego Chargers TE Antonio Gates, $5,500: Came back strong last week, and the cheapest he will be the rest of the way.