For standard leagues, I’ll pick some players outside the top 10 and 15 who I think will play well as well as some higher rated players who I see underachieving using this week’s ESPN rankings. I’ve got my FanDuel picks at the bottom.
Last week, I went 15-5 in my over and under achievers and 12-7 in FanDuel, let’s get to this week’s picks;
- Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: He has been on a roll at home but don’t like his chances on the road at Minnesota.
- New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees: He is back home but the Carolina defense will keep his shaky season going the same.
- New York Giants QB Eli Manning: The Jets defense is pretty shaky but with no OL in front of him, I can see a few picks.
- Atlanta Falcons RB Devonta Freeman: You have to play him but the Tampa Bay defense has been great stopping the run.
- St Louis Rams RB Todd Gurley: His fantasy totals have been a constant downturn the past 4 weeks and I do not see him turning it around against the Cardinals.
- Seattle Seahawks RB Thomas Rawls: He will get the touches but expect him to struggle against the Vikings.
- Denver Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas: He caught 1/13 last week, something is very wrong here.
- Green Bay Packers WR Randall Cobb: He has proven not to be a WR1 and now goes against Darius Slay of the Lions who is stopping everyone.
- New Orleans Saints WR Brandin Cooks: Welcome to Josh Norman island.
- San Diego Chargers TE Antonio Gates: He just doe not look healthy.
- New York Jets QB Ryan Fitzpatrick: He has the best 1/2 punch at WR and plays the awful Giants.
- Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill: He is the king of garbage points and plays the Ravens.
- Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler: He is back home where is is best and should be solid.
- Arizona Cardinals RB David Johnson: The Rams have been bottom 5 vs running backs the past 4 weeks.
- Baltimore Ravens RB Buck Allen: The Dolphins are poor and he should get 20 touches.
- Houston Texans RB Alfred Blue: He has been under the radar but is clearly the RB1 plus the Bills defense is overrated.
- Oakland Raiders WR Amare Cooper: The Chiefs defense continues to let WR1’s have huge games every week.
- Indianapolis Colts WR Donte Moncrief: He came back to life and get the Steelers who gave up 5 passing Td’s last week.
- Baltimore Ravens WR Kamar Aiken: He continues to be solid every week with a plus match up against the Dolphins.
- Atlanta Falcons TE Jacob Tamme: I expect the Falcons to stay safe this week in the passing game.
Here are my FanDuel picks for the week where I will give some higher and lower salaries I like at each position. As you will see, I will be focusing on the defenses to pick on:
- Cleveland Browns QB Austin Davis $5,400
- Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler $7,000
- New York Jets QB Ryan Fitzpatrick $7,300
- Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton $9,000
- Washington Redskins RB Alfred Morris $5,600
- Arizona Cardinals RB David Johnson $5,900
- Houston Texans RB Alfred Blue $6,000
- Denver Broncos RB CJ Anderson $6,800
- Carolina Panthers RB James Stewart $7,200
- Pittsburgh Steelers RB D’Angelo Wiliams $7,200
- Miami Dolphins WR Devonte Parker $5,200
- Oakland Raiders WR Michael Crabtree $6,600
- New York Jets WR Eric Decker $7,200
- Chicago Bears WR Alshon Jeffrey $7,700
- Houston Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins $8,900
- New England Patriots TE Scott Chandler $5,300
- Tennessee Titans TE Delanie Walker $6,000
- Kansas City Chiefs TE Travis Kelce $6,200