Ryan Fitzpatrick is a Finalist for the FedEx Air Player of the Week
The NFL announced that Jets’ Ryan Fitzpatrick is a finalist for this week’s FedEx Air Player of the Week award for his exceptional performance against the New York Giants. As you know he threw for 390 yards and two touchdowns. Fitzpatrick had a 107.9 passer rating in the Jets’ 23-20 overtime win against the NY Giants. This is Fitzpatrick’s first nomination of the season.
The other nominees appear below:
- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger completed 24 of 39 passes (61.5 percent) for 364 yards and four touchdowns for a 126.4 passer rating in the Steelers’ 45-10 victory against the Indianapolis Colts.
- Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton completed 28 of 41 passes (68.3 percent) for 331 yards and five touchdowns for a 122.1 passer rating in the Panthers’ 41-38 win over the New Orleans Saints.
- New York Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick threw for 390 yards and two touchdowns for a 107.9 passer rating in the Jets’ 23-20 overtime win against the New York Giants.
- Pittsburgh Steelers running back DeAngelo Williams had 26 carries for 134 yards (5.2 avg.) in the Steelers’ 45-10 victory against the Indianapolis Colts.
- Miami Dolphins running back Lamar Miller rushed for 113 yards on 20 carries (5.7 avg.) in the Dolphins’ 15-13 win against the Baltimore Ravens.
- Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy rushed for 112 yards on 21 carries (5.3 avg.) in the Bills’ 30-21 win over the Houston Texans.
Fan can cast their votes every Monday night, following the Monday Night football game, through Thursday at 3 p.m. ET, at NFL.com/FedEx. FedEx and the NFL will announce the winners every Thursday afternoon and award a $2,000 donation in each player’s name to their teams’ local area chapters of the American Red Cross to assist with disaster relief and preparedness.
I’ll send you a note if Fitzpatrick gets enough fan votes to take home the Air Player of the Week award, but make sure your readers are using #AirandGround to spread the word!