Activities to Try Before the NFL Season Starts
If you are regular readers of our site then you will be just as excited for NFL season as we are! We are a fan-run website devoted to all things Jets but we have plenty of general info and content on the NFL as a whole. With the season fast-approaching, we thought we would look at some activities that you can try to keep yourself motivated for the upcoming season no matter what team you follow. We’ve come up with a few ideas but feel free to message us with any of your own and we will add them to this post.
- Complete Your Fantasy League Drafts – A pretty obvious one we know but you would be amazed at the number of our readers who forget to do this before the season starts. A fantasy draft should be completed just before the season starts to give yourself the best possible chance of avoiding preseason injuries and evaluate player suspensions etc. Then you will be ready to conquer your league and hopefully walk away as the champion!
- Video Games – Whether you are a gamer or not, it cannot be understated just how fun some of the latest video games are! It doesn’t matter if you’re an Xbox One or Playstation 4 gamer, there are thousands of games to play to keep you entertained while you wait for NFL season. Madden 17 would, of course, be our first pick and playing online is a good way to hone your skills and test yourself against other players.
- Play Casino Games with Your Mobile Phone – When we say casino games we mean some of the fantastic sports-themed mobile casino games that you can find on various review sites like Casino Juggler. Some of these games such as online slot machines can get you ready for the season. Spinning the reels might net you some nice cash prizes which can go towards your beer and chips budget. With so many mobile casinos now available you really are spoiled for choice and most games will let you gamble from just a couple of cents!
- Get Outside and Play the Game – At Jet Nation we love a good video game and these can be highly addictive but there is no substitute for the real thing and getting outside to spend some quality time playing football with friends & family is one of the most fun things you can do before, during and after NFL season. Getting in the zone and throwing your favorite ball about is the best and great exercise too! Playing the game for real will get you more pumped up than ever for the upcoming season.
- Plan Your Bar Schedule – Not everybody likes to sit in to enjoy the game and you can’t beat the atmosphere of your favorite bar! Taking the time to plan where you want to watch each of your selected games is important so take a look at your favorite bar schedules to see who is showing what so that you don’t turn up and end up leaving disappointed 5 minutes later. Google Maps is your friend so be sure to use it wisely and that will allow you plenty of time to get there before kick-off. Also, work out who the designated driver is beforehand and make sure everyone takes a turn!
New York Jets OTA Presser Takeaways, Aaron Rodgers' Impact and Summer Delusion