Jets News Updates; Let the Mock Drafts Begin
Just a few notes, quotes and links to previous articles pertaining to Gang Green as their off-season starts a bit earlier than they’d hoped.
- Like it or not, mock draft season is here Jets fans. You can look forward to your twitter time lines being bombarded with mocks from now until April 26th. In his first mock draft of the off-season, Josh Norris of NBC sports has the Jets taking Alabama S/CB Minkah Fitzpatrick. If that’s the case, get ready to start FireMikeMaccagnan.com unless a veteran quarterback is in the fold.
- Surprisingly, after suffering through decades of horrific quarterback play, there are some Jets fans opposed to the idea of bringing in Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins if he were to hit free agency. Here’s why they shouldn’t be.
- For most of this season, the consensus among onlookers was that the Jets should make a strong push to retain tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins beyond this season. Is that still the case as he averaged just 3 catches per game over the final 8 contests of the season without finding the end zone once?
- The Jets are set at safety with Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye, but the depth could use an upgrade. Will Todd Bowles entertain the thought of moving struggling cornerback Juston Burris inside next season? He did spend some time there early in his college career.
- Speaking of Jamal Adams, according to PFF.com, he graded out at an 82.1 by season’s end, placing him 34th among 120 eligible safeties. Having been graded in the low 70’s for much of the season, a late surge saw Adams move up from the 60’s to 34.
- In a part-time role (326 snaps), outside linebacker David Bass set a career high with 3.5 sacks and could be a factor in next seasons sub packages. Bass graded out at a solid 78.7 according to PFF.com.
As much as possible Jets fans, enjoy the post-season.
New York Jets OTA Presser Takeaways, Aaron Rodgers' Impact and Summer Delusion