– Coming out party for Blake Cashman as he was everywhere all night. Displaying his speed in coverage, forcing a fumble and tackling everyone. Over time can he push Neville Hewitt to start next to CJ Mosley?
– Bronson Kaufusi continued his excellent summer with a TFL and pushing the pocket. In fact his pressure caused the PHI QB to rush the throw which became an INT by Marcus Cooper.
– Solid game by Marcus Cooper as he had an INT and was reliable in his coverage responsibilities. Displaying what you want to see in a #4/#5 CB, but will he survive the weekend pickups to come?
– Nice to see Josh Bellamy run solid routes with good hands as a WR. He’s going to make the team because of his special teams ability, but in a pinch can he step in as an actual WR?
– It was a night of opportunities for Taylor Bertolet and he blew it. You can’t go 2 for 5 the day before a couple of kickers are going to shake loose.
– Davis Webb continued his “Sanchezian” summer with two more INT’s. On his final one (falling back, with a sidearm flip) the camera focused on Adam Gase. Who had a “what the bleep are you doing” look on his face.
– Luke Falk was solid and gave an indication he could develop into a long term backup. But he’s got to improve his internal clock and get rid of the ball. Too many times he held onto the ball too long and got smashed.
– The backup OLines provided decent pass protection. Will the team keep any of them on the practice squad for continued development?
– Valentine Holmes displayed good hands/feet for a converted rugby player. Will the team continue to develop him as a RB on the practice squad?
– Another practice squad candidate, Kyle Phillips had a good night with a couple of sacks and a TFL. Will he be kept?
– One player who I think will definitely be gone is Nathan Shepherd. He got no reps, which isn’t a good sign if your spot is shaky
You can read more about the game and see fan reaction in our NY Jets message board.