|BILLS QB JOSH ALLEN, JETS DL QUINNEN WILLIAMS &
CHARGERS K DUSTIN HOPKINS NAMED AFC PLAYERS OF WEEK 6
Quarterback JOSH ALLEN of the Buffalo Bills, defensive lineman QUINNEN WILLIAMS of the New York Jets and kicker DUSTIN HOPKINS of the Los Angeles Chargers are the AFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played in Week 6 (October 13, 16-17).
OFFENSE: QB JOSH ALLEN, BUFFALO BILLS
- Allen completed 27 of 40 pass attempts (67.5 percent) for 329 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions for a 117.6 rating and added 32 rushing yards in Buffalo’s 24-20 victory in Kansas City. He led a 12-play, 76-yard drive that ended with the game-winning touchdown pass with just over a minute remaining in the fourth quarter.
- This is the ninth-career Offensive Player of the Week award for Allen and second this season:
- 2018: Week 17
- 2019: Week 11
- 2020: Weeks 2, 9, 13, 15
- 2021: Week 3
- 2022: Weeks 5, 6
- Allen becomes the first player to win consecutive Offensive Player of the Week awards since Justin Herbert (Weeks 13-14, 2021) and is the first Bills player to ever win the award in back-to-back weeks.
- Since entering the league in 2018, Allen’s nine Player of the Week awards are tied with Patrick Mahomes for the most among all players.
DEFENSE: DL QUINNEN WILLIAMS, NEW YORK JETS
- Williams recorded five tackles, two sacks, a forced fumble and a blocked field goal in the Jets’ win over Green Bay. He was one of two players (Myles Garrett) to record two sacks and a forced fumble in Week 6.
- This marks the first-career Defensive Player of the Week award for Williams and he becomes the first Jets defensive lineman to earn the honor since Kris Jenkins (Week 9, 2008).
- Williams is the fourth-ever former Alabama defensive lineman to earn the honor, joining Marcell Dareus (Week 5, 2014), Marty Lyons (Week 16, 1988) and Antwan Odom (Week 2, 2009).
SPECIAL TEAMS: K DUSTIN HOPKINS, LOS ANGELES CHARGERS
- Despite injuring his hamstring, Hopkins converted all four of his field goal attempts in Los Angeles’ 19-16 victory over Denver on Monday Night Football, including the game-winning 39-yarder in overtime. He also converted from 31, 35 and 37 yards, as well as his lone extra-point attempt.
- This marks the third-career Special Teams Player of the Week award for Hopkins, and first as a Charger:
- 2016: Week 3 (with Washington)
- 2020: Week 13 (with Washington)
- 2022: Week 6 (with L.A. Chargers)
- Hopkins is the first Chargers kicker to earn the honor since Michael Badgley (Week 14, 2018).
2022 AFC PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|QB Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City
QB Tua Tagovailoa, Miami
QB Trevor Lawrence, Jacksonville
QB Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City
QB Josh Allen, Buffalo
QB Josh Allen, Buffalo
|S Minkah Fitzpatrick, Pittsburgh
CB Jaylen Watson, Kansas City
DE Trey Hendrickson, Cincinnati
S Jordan Poyer, Buffalo
LB Matthew Judon, New England
DL Quinnen Williims, N.Y. Jets
|K Cade York, Cleveland
P Braden Mann, N.Y. Jets
P Corliss Waitman, Denver
K Evan McPherson, Cincinnati
K Chase McLaughlin, Indianapolis
K Dustin Hopkins, L.A. Chargers