Fantasy Football: Hot Not
Welcome to the 5th week of the waiver wire/who is hot and who is not column of the year, I thank everyone for reading and hopefully this will assist your team on the way to the playoffs. We will not list anyone who was on the list last week but if Bilal Powell or the Chiefs defense, are still out there please do yourself a favor and grab them. This is not a great week for a huge impact pickup more of bye week fill in’s and a few speculative adds.
Who is Hot
- Peyton Manning- This is getting downright silly, make sure you do not have a defense playing him in any week.
- Arian Foster – He dominated the touched by over 4-1 last week, trade for him if possible.
- David Wilson – He got 70% of the carries last week, and gets the Eagles this week, plug him in.
- Philip Rivers – He is back to the the young fantasy stud he was in this new offense which fits perfectly to his talents.
- Jamar Charles – He does not get that many carries but is made up by the 10-11 pass targets he receives from the king of the check down in Alex Smith.
- Alex Smith – He may be king of the check downs but with the rushing yards he gets, it has made him the 10th overall player in standard leagues and one point behind Andrew Luck.
- Victor Cruz – Even in blowouts he is by far the most reliable target for Eli Manning who has a 72% completion percentage when throwing to him.
- Chiefs Defense – A team that went undrafted in most leagues is now a top 20 player with an awesome schedule the next few weeks.
- Jordan Cameron – A late round pick who is the #2 TE in the league and a favorite of Brian Hoyer.
- Kendrell Thompkins – He now has the trust of Tom Brady and is on pace for 10 Td’s and 1,000 yards.
- Anyone playing the Eagles, Redskins, Giants, and Rams – If you have a guy playing any of these team they are a must start.
Who is not
- Maurice Jones Drew – He looked slow and sluggish but if you have him this may be your last chance for points versus the Rams but beware.
- Santonio Holmes – Another injury putting him out a few weeks.
- Stevie Johnson – He put up a zero last week and is now getting the top CB on every team and with Manuel a little shaky, makes him a risky play.
- Bernard Pierce – Even with a hurt Rice, he did not take any advantage, he will only be startable with Rice is officially out.
- Eli Manning – He is on a historic interception pace, no reason for him to start after this week if you are stuck on a bye week.
- A.J Green – He is been way below average in ¾ games and is getting killed by the Andy Dalton inaccurate train. He has to be started but temper those expectations.
- Carson Palmer – Take out the Rams game and he is at the bottom of the NFL and doing a great job killing all Cardinals fantasy prospects.
- Doug Martin – He will see 8 in the box with a rookie QB, has caught 33% of his targets through the air, if you get a god offer, take it and run.
- Trent Richardson – He continue to plow away at 3 YPC and if he does not get a TD, his value is below average, not many lanes with the Colts as there was not with the Browns.
Average Size Leagues Waiver Wire Pickups
- David Wilson – I have seen him dropped in a few league, he will be better than your current bench players moving forward.
- Alshon Jeffrey – He is getting over 8 targets a game, a good bye week fill in.
- Robert Woods – 17 targets the past 2 weeks, he will continue to get better and better.
- Jerome Simpson – You could do worse than him for a bye week fill in and his value is higher with Matt Cassel now the QB for the next few weeks.
- Tashard Choice – Keep an eye on the playing status of Spiller and Jackson.
- Nate Washington – He is always on this list every year but puts up solid number and should not be affected by the injury to Locker.
- Keenan Allen – He played more snaps than any other Chargers wide receiver last week.
- Willis McGahee – He got a few goal line carries and has a nice matchup versus the Bills this week.
- Terence Williams – Other than a fumble he had a nice 7 catch game last week replacing Austin.
- Danny Woodhead – If you need a bye week running back, you could do a lot worse than this PPR machine.
Send me any questions or lineup decisions on Twitter –dvond
Good Luck this week!