Fantasy Football Fantasy Sports
NFL Fantasy Football Week 2: Start ‘Em, Sit ‘Em And FanDuel Picks
Welcome to the 2nd week of NFL football and my start or sit column.
Before we start, be sure to check out our JetNation FanDuel league – lots of prize $$$
I’ve done this for a few years, but I will continue with the FanDuel picks at the bottom. For normal leagues, I’ll pick some players outside the top 10 and 15 who I think will play well as well as some higher rated players who I see underachieving using the ESPN rankings. Last week I went 6-4 in underachievers and overachievers, and not bad but much room for improvement in FanDuel. Let’s get to it.
- New England Patriots QB Tom Brady: Rex Ryan always give Tom Brady trouble, use another option if possible.
- Denver Broncos QB Peyton Manning: Until he shows something different, I cannot see starting him unless it is a really deep league.
- Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford: He struggles on the road and especially against good teams.
- Kansas City Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles: You probably have to start him but don’t expect much going against a top 3 defense.
- Denver Broncos RB C.J. Anderson: He looks like he is going to play but is banged up, on the road and looked slow last week compared to Ronnie Hillman.
- Indianapolis Colts RB Frank Gore: He looked old last week and playing the Jets defense will not help this week.
- San Diego Chargers WR Keenan Allen: He is coming off a huge week but facing a tougher defense on the road, I would not expect half of last week..
- Oakland Raiders WR Amari Cooper: Right now no one is sure who is playing QB and the Baltimore defense is one that will not make anyone look good.
- New York Jets WR Brandon Marshall: He is probably be covered by Vontae Davis who shuts everyone down..
- San Diego Chargers TE Ladarious Green: The Cincinnati Bengals are stout defending the tight end, there are better options.
- Arizona Cardinals QB Carson Palmer: He is a top 5 fantasy QB when healthy, ride the train.
- New York Giants QB Eli Manning: He is back home with a plus match-up versus the Atlanta Falcons.
- Philadelphia Eagles QB Sam Bradford: He had a slow start, great 2nd half and think he exposes the Dallas Cowboys secondary.
- Detroit Lions RB Ameer Abdullah: He looks to be real deal and should be an every week start.
- Atlanta Falcons RB Tevin Coleman: He looked like the real deal last week and got over 20 touches. The Giants struggle on everything on defense
- St. Louis Rams RB Tre Mason: He is healthy and ready to go, last year was a top 20 RB the 2nd half of the season.
- Philadelphia Eagles WR Jordan Matthews: He is a every week starter, no questions asked.
- Dallas Cowboys WR Terrance Williams: I expect at least 10 targets against a very shaky Eagles pass defense.
- Arizona Cardinals WR John Brown: This is the start of his breakout year and becoming an every week starter.
- Carolina Panthers TE Greg Olsen: He was invisible last week and I have no doubts Cam Newton gets him very involved this week.
Here are my FanDuel picks for the week where I will give some higher and lower salaries I like at each position:
- New Orleans QB Drew Brees, $8,900: The Buccaneers are just awful. If you are going to pay, pay here.
- New York Giants QB Eli Manning, $8,000: I love the home match-up and bounce back.
- Arizona Cardinals QB Carson Palmer, $7,800: The Bears are easy pickings.
- Cincinnati Bengals QB Andy Dalton, $6,900: He always plays well at home and best cheap option this week.
- New Orleans Saints RB Mark Ingram, $8,000: Great price for this kind of match-up.
- Miami Dolphins RB Lamar Miller, $7,300: You can run on the Jaguars.
- Oakland Raiders RB Latavius Murray, $6,800: He will get the touches no matter what the score.
- Atlanta Falcons RB Tevin Coleman $6,500- I think he continues with the 20 plus touches.
- Detroit Lions RB Ameer Abdullah, $6,400: Just a great price for this kind of talent
- San Diego Chargers RB Danny Woodhead, $6,200: The best cheap option of the week.
- Atlanta Falcons WR Julio Jones, $8,800: I expect an huge day that’s worth the price.
- Houston Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins, $8,2000: I see double digit targets and a touchdown.
- New Orleans WR Brandin Cooks, $7,400: As you can see,I love all Saints this week.
- Philadelphia Eagles WR Jordan Matthews, $7,000: Just love him and the match-up this week
- San Francisco 49ers WR Anquan Boldin, $6,400: I see many more targets in a plus match-up.
- Arizona Cardinals WR John Brown, $6,200: Carson Palmer’s favorite deep receiver.
- Green Bay Packers WR James Jones, $5,400: My favorite cheap play at receiver.
- Dallas Cowboys TE Jason Witten, $6,000: He should be the top target of Tony Romo
- Philadelphia Eagles TE Zach Ertz, $5,200: A cheap gamble that could pay off big.
Thank you for reading and have a great week, feel free to ask any questions here or on Twitter.
New York Jets OTA Presser Takeaways, Aaron Rodgers' Impact and Summer Delusion