With all of the Super Bowl nonsense behind us, it’s time to focus on our off-season.
To improve by at least 2 games and challenge NE for the AFC East. Here’s what needs to be addressed:
– Total overhaul of our kick/punt coverage units has to take place. Younger more athletic back end roster players have to be found.
– Quigley MUST BE REPLACED, hopefully before training camp. It’s amazing that he’s been our punter for THREE YEARS and still regularly has 20 yard shanks.
– Two returners must be found and they both should be able to return kicks and punts. They have to backup one another.
– Our units have to get to the middle of the pack (14-18) after last year’s fiasco.
– Running game must become more consistent. This will require us bringing in 1-2 OT’s and 2-3 durable/speedy RB’s. A better running game will take pressure off Fitzpatrick and not put him into situations where he has to “carry” the
– Secondary options must step up at WR & TE to give our offense more variety and lessen the pressure on Marshall & Decker.
– Increase the speed of our LB unit by bringing in at least 3 (1 ILB & 2 OLB) new players.
– Shift the attacking focus of our front seven from our DLine to our “new” LB unit.
– It’s time for Milliner & McDougle to live up to their draft positions and get on the field. If they do they increase the talent/depth of our secondary. If they can’t it’s time to move on.
You can continue the conversation in our New York Jets forum.