Welcome to the 1st week of the NFL, here every week I will pick some players who I think will over and under achieve based on their ESPN weekly rankings. Please feel free to ask any lineup questions here or on Twitter. Let’s get to it;
- Tyrod Taylor QB Buffalo Bills 12: The Baltimore Ravens pass defense does not looked improved and when healthy, Tyrod was a top 10 fantasy QB last year.
- Jameis Winston QB Tampa Bay Buccaneers 15: This is another easy defense and he is in the best shape of his life with all healthy weapons.
- Robert Griffin QB Cleveland Bears 22: They should be playing behind all season with their horrific defense and minimal running game.
- Matt Forte RB New York Jets 20: He is slated to get the lions share of the touches in week one when he will be the freshest.
- Rashad Jennings RB New York Giants 20: He is another who will dominate the carries plus gets the awful Dallas Cowboys defense.
- Christine Michael RB Seattle Seahawks 22: Pete Carroll came out and said that Thomas Rawls will not get many carries, this looks too easy.
- Randall Cobb WR Green Bay Packers 18: He is back to his comfortable place in the slot and should excel all season.
- Donte Moncrief WR Indianpolis Colts 22: I see him have a bigger year than TY Hilton and should need to throw as their defense leaves alot to be desired.
- Marvin Jones WR Detroit Lions 26: He is my breakout star at WR this year and it starts this week.
- Dwayne Allen TE Indianapolis Colts 14: Ride him while he can play in what looks to be a shootout.
- Ben Roethlisberger QB Pittsburgh Steelers 5: I want to see how he plays with no Le’Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant, his stats without them last year were not top 5.
- Cam Newton QB Carolina Panthers 10: On the road versus the NFL’s best defense off a Super Bowl loss, no thank you.
- Carson Palmer QB Arizona Cardinals 11: He still looked shell shocked from last years playoffs in the preseason and the New England Patriots had a whole off season to game plan.
- Ryan Mathews RB Philadelphia Eagles 15: This offense could be a dumpster fire even against a very bad Cleveland Browns defense.
- Frank Gore RB Indianapolis Colts 16: The Detroit Lions were pretty stout versus the run last year.
- Jonathon Stewart RB Carolina Panthers 23: I want no part the Denver Broncos defense at home.
- Jordy Nelson WR Green Bay Packers 8: He did not play one game in preseason, and they will monitor his snaps, may be more of a decoy in week one.
- Demaryius Thomas WR Denver Packers 17: This is going to be a low scoring slug fest and I am skeptical about the 2nd year 7th round QB.
- Julian Edelman WR New England Patriots 23: He is another WR who barely played at all in preseason and with the new QB, I need to see one game before I plug and play him.
- Coby Fleener TE New Orleans Saints 6: He came out about not knowing the playbook, that is a red flag in my world.
Thank you for reading and hit me up @dvond on twitter.