As the Jets continue their off season roster purge, the thought of who is going to be the next QB remains high on the list of priorities. Yesterday we wrote about the Mike Glennon to the Jets rumor. Today the talk at the NFL Combine is that the Bills are leaning towards releasing QB Tyrod Taylor. Rotoworld gives this update:
The Buffalo News’ Vic Carucci reports the sense from the Combine is that the Bills are leaning toward moving on from Tyrod Taylor.The Bills can’t seem to make up their mind, and reports have been flip-flopping back and forth on this subject for weeks. Speaking at the Combine, coach Sean McDermott would only say the organization is still evaluating Taylor. Per Carucci, if the $30.75 million guaranteed wasn’t tied to Taylor over the next two years, the Bills would likely be bringing him back for 2017. Taylor has been unwilling to renegotiate his contract. The 49ers, Browns, and Jets are expected to show interest in Taylor if he ends up being released by Buffalo. Mar 3 – 9:57 AM
- Strong, accurate arm on deep vertical routes.
- Excellent runner and very elusive to make things happen when a play breaks down.
- Doesn’t turn the ball over.
- Doesn’t stay in the pocket unless he has max protection.
- One read QB, if it’s covered he looks to leave the pocket immediately.
- Doesn’t throw the ball into the middle of the field. Either because he’s short or doesn’t read defenses well. Therefore he only throws outside the numbers.
- His intermediate accuracy isn’t great, he “dirts” a lot of easy throws.
- Small frame.