Jets Roster Moves Announced
The NY Jets officially announced the roster moves they made today to get down to the limit. We have mentioned several moves the Jets made earlier. Here are the Jets’ 27 transactions the team made today by position.
|Marcell Harris||LB||5||UFA-2021 (SF)||Released|
|Conor McDermott||OL||6||W-2019 (BUF)||Released|
|Tevin Coleman||RB||8||UFA-2021 (SF)||Released|
|Will Parks||S||7||W-21 (MIA)||Released|
Chris Streveler, La’Mical Perine, Chuma Edoga, Jason Pinnock, Calvin Jackson, and Jonathan Marshall are some of the bigger names on the list. Hopefully, for the Jets, cut-down day being more painful is an indication of an improved roster.
The Jets have the 4th position when it comes to waiver claims. All claims must be made by Wednesday at noon, and then the practice squad signings may begin.
The practice squad is being increased from 14 to 16 players this year (10 of the 16 players can have no more than two accrued seasons and the other 6 don’t have any limitations). Other practice squad notes from the Jets.
- Teams are allowed to promote two players from their practice squad on game day
- Each player called up will revert back to the PS.
- Teams can do that with a specific player up to three times, one more than in 2021.
- Practice squad players cannot sign with another team’s practice squad but are free to sign with another team’s 53-man roster at any time unless they are one of their team’s protected players.
- Teams decide on four protected players weekly.
Players on PUP or NFI don’t count towards the 53-man roster. They’re eligible to return to action after the team’s sixth game. Players placed on IR before the cut to 53 are ineligible to return during the regular season. RT Mekhi Becton is the only player on injured reserve.