Darron Lee Comments on Shutting Down Gronk; Other Jets Notes
Just a few notes, quotes and links to recent articles pertaining to Gang Green as the season comes to a close.
- While rookie safety Jamal Adams was credited with an outstanding performance against Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski who went without a single catch for the first time in his career, it appears linebacker Darron Lee is looking for some credit as well, saying he was “there all day” in regards to Gronk going without a catch. According to Calvin Watkins of Newsday, Lee had this to say about the head-to-head match-up after the game; “Did 87 make the stat sheet today? Zero catches, zero yards; that’s what I was asked to do and that’s all I do.”
Yeah I know I was there all day. https://t.co/d6RcYvtF95
— Darron Lee (@DLeeMG8) January 2, 2018
- Used sparingly throughout the season, tight end Neal Sterling finally got some looks in the passing game against the Patriots and the converted wide receiver impressed. His production has left some fans wondering why he didn’t get a look earlier in the season.
- Now that we know the Jets will have the sixth pick in the draft, let the mocks and speculation begin. Mike Maccagnan has to find a way to get a quarterback this off-season, and the draft is one of many options.
- Todd Bowles said he thought quarterback Josh McCown had a great year, and he’d like to have him back next season when asked about the QB during his end of season press conference.
- It was a relief to see the Jets finally allow rookie receiver ArDarius Stewart to do something other than catch a screen pass on Sunday when he hauled in a 46-yard pass from Bryce Petty up the seam. Stewart’s lack of opportunities came as quite a surprise as the season wore on, and when used, it was primarily as a runner on an end-around or the occasional screen pass.
- The NFL season carries on but the Jets are done for now. We take a look at how the first year of Mike Maccagnan’s rebuild went, and what should happen moving forward. Take a look right here.
Happy new year, Jets fans.
New York Jets OTA Presser Takeaways, Aaron Rodgers' Impact and Summer Delusion